Positivity

 

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Thumper's father was wise when advising his young bunnies of this rule. Why is it so much easier for us to whine and complain about things then it is to keep our mouths shut with those negative comments and instead give compliments and point out all the good around us every day?

Some of the things we complain about or get upset about are so different when looked at with a different lens. I may be upset after a long day at work that a guest yelled at me or belittled me or was rude. But instead, I should remember all the lovely nice or fun guests who also checked in and who I got the opportunity to talk to today. I should also remember how lucky I am to have a job when so many out there can't get one. And how lucky I am to get to work with my amazing co-workers and boss. 

Laughter really is another good thing that helps. I no longer let myself feel guilty for watching those funny Tik Tok videos or youtube videos online. I love comedies. When my depression hits me one of the many things I do to try and feel better includes watching anything funny for a while. Fave comedies include Scrubs and Friends for me. 

Some other ways to practice positivity include

1. Write thank you notes. Just thinking of one person a week who has done something for you to send a note to helps. It helps remind me of how much others do for me and I know being told thank you feels amazing as well. 

2. Write a self compassion letter. Imagine you are writing to your inner child and be loving and patient and kind. Be encouraging. What does he/she need to hear?

3. Google positive mediations. There are several meditations on the internet that can help bring your mind back to the positive when in a dark mood. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Police Reports

IP News: A Small Town Paper with a Big Heart

March Happenings